Yesterday I received my Christmas Edition of the Deseret Book Catalog and as I was looking through it of course I found something that I would like to purchase. I continued to look through the catalog and then come back to these rings. I thought it would be fun to buy them all because they are so cheap and just alternate which value I wanted to wear. Sounded good but then I noticed that something was off, so I went through the YW value list and sure enough there are 8 now, not the 7 I grew up with. Clearly virtue is the addition and then I vaguely remembered someone mentioning to me the addition. I then thought why wasn't virtue a value to begin with? Was it because it didn't flow in the theme because I don't think it does...YOUNG WOMEN THEME
We are daughters of our Heavenly Father,
who loves us, and we love Him.
We will “stand as witnesses of God
at all times and in all things, and in all places” (Mosiah 18:9)
as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity and
Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family,
make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple,
and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.
I think it is a great addition to the Young Women Program but why must things change? Now I want to be involved in Young Womans again so I can go through personal progress and do virtue. Of course when I had personal progress it was a completely different program but that isn't the point. In case you were about to go through the list of possible colors, virtue is the color gold.
2 comments:
Excuse me but I wasn't even there when they added "strengthen home & family." I still trip up over that. Then they add virtue & mess me up.
Crazies.
Oh yeah that was added after I was finished too. I forgot about that.
Post a Comment