Since I was a little girl I always dreamed about the day that I would...buy a house. Did you honestly think I was going to say get married? Come on people!! I remember sitting down with Tiffani and having her draw out a blueprint of what I wanted. Why she isn't an architect, I don't know. I am always looking at new floor plans and just saving them for when the time comes. I can't decide on the actual look of the inside or outside of the house. However I realized this past Saturday on my trip to James Madison's House that they are a few things that I REALLY WANT! Whether or not that will happen or is even possible is another story.
Let's take a clue from the Presidents and from childhood movies!
I have always wanted a library...somewhere between Belle's and the one from Bedknobs and Broomsticks. In fact when I was being tempted by The Nook all I could think about was the library!
Next I want a huge porch. A wrap-around if you will.
The grand realization was the following. I want the gardens and side yards of Thomas Jefferson.
The back door view of George Washington.
and lastly the front door view of James Madison.
Naturally the views from my house can't be the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Potomac River, but I'm going for the same effect.
Keep a look out would ya!





2 comments:
I love wrap around porches!!!! One day...
This house will be gorgeous...and hugely expensive.
Post a Comment