Tuesday, July 17, 2012

In True Fashion...

In true fashion an opportunity has presented itself.  An opportunity to help my sister but also accomplish something for myself.  That is what family is for!

Long winded story short - Tiffani is coming home for a little school break and she needs to drive back.  Well it just so happens that I have some time off and some states to kill.  Here I thought I was going to have to request to rollover some vacation days to next year.

It actually works out great because one state I wanted my sister to go with.

First stop is Pittsburgh, PA because we have to sleep.  Seriously that is it.  We are just stopping at the hotel to sleep.



The real first stop is Minneapolis, Minnesota.  Actually right outside of Minneapolis in Bloomington.  What is there?  Well none other than The Mall of America.  Tiffani has been wanting to go there since as long as I can remember.  When I told her that was our first stop, she was very excited!


I am excited too.  Gonna hit up the theme park inside.  I haven't been to one in about a year and I have to give my massage therapist something to work on.  Except for the whiplash from WVA that keeps coming back and this phantom ankle injury from my Idaho/Colorado trip.

After some fun at the MOA we will drive straight to Bismarck, North Dakota. 



I am kinda hoping that this state will surprise me.  None of my friends and family could find me something to do in this state or even a certain city/town that might be fun.  There is an LDS Temple in Bismarck which is my planned activity.  I am a wee lil obsessed with taking pictures of these beautiful buildings.  In fact, when I google search Bismarck, alot of the pictures that came up were of the LDS Temple.  That is extremely rare in a google image search.

Next up (actually the last major stop) is Rapid City, South Dakota.  AKA - Mount Rushmore.



I'll be searching for the less seen "behind" the mountain view.



I saw that picture and had to include it.  It's pretty darn funny to me and everyone that knows me.

Technically the last stop is Salt Lake City, Utah.  I have been there before so it really isn't part of the adventure.  It is where I part with my sister; she drives to Idaho and I fly home.

It will be a fly by the seat of our pants trip (which is what I typically do nowadays).  As long as the driving stays in our favor then we should have enough time to soak up what we want and sleep.  My sleep being a very important part of my sisters survival.  My sleep is actually part of the agreement of me driving back with her.  In fact, I have more demands then her.  Sleep in a bed at night, go my route and let me fly back from SLC (cheaper flights).  Her demand was really - "make it cheap".  Cheap - I can do!

This totally unexpected trip will mark off three hard to reach states. 
  1. Minnesota
  2. North Dakota
  3. South Dakota
That will take my total up to 42 states.  Leaving 8 left.

May 2014 will be Alaska for the 50th State. 

2013 will be 43rd-49th.  I can do that in 4 trips.

Washington
Oregon
New Mexico
Arkansas
Kansas
Nebraska
Missouri

Anyone want to go next year?

2 comments:

C$ said...

I am definitely down for Washington and Oregon!!

J, K, and L said...

ooh ooh, pick me!! (perhaps let's not go anywhere near feb though...i am due valentine's day.)