Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Travel Tip #2

I torn this little tip out of Racheal Ray Mag and I almost threw it away last night cleaning up. Here it is...

"Skip Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz-which often tack on service fees-and find the cheapest flights on meta-search engines like Sidestep and Kayak. Also, sign up for personalized airfare alerts on airfarewatchdog.com."

I took a look at these sites and there purpose is to let you search Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Orbitz all in one search. Sidestep and Kayak are almost the exact same website, so I would say it would be a personal choice as to which one to use. AirfareWatchDog is a little different. What I found helpful is you can signup for airfare alerts that are tailored to what you are looking for. You can choice departing and arrival airports to look for. Also my favorite is that you can request for alerts for a specific departing and arrival airports. For example I have one set up to look for Richmond to Las Vegas flights. The best part is you can have up to 5 choices in each category and you can change them any time you want.

Now I can't give my full opinion until I have used them for a trip, so stayed tuned for Travel in 09.

1 comment:

The Chubby One said...

I used Sidestep this summer to get a good deal to UT. I liked being able to look at 3 different travel websites at once and I'm going to use it for my CA and UT trips this coming year.

P.S. I didn't realize you had been blogging so much! My apologies for not commenting sooner.