Idaho is where the party is at. Not really, but it sure is pretty. I have been told and I believe them when they say it isn't so pretty in the winter. However there aren't many places that actually experience winter that are pretty during that time of the year.
I took the classic I-15 north route on my way to Rexburg. It is amazing to me how you can tell when you cross into another state out West. I can't tell you what it is but there is a slight change. Idaho has alot of farmers so there is alot of open land and then mountains. I lub me some mountains!
It is a four hour drive between Salt Lake and Rexburg and I was concerned about driving but it was so pretty that it wasn't a problem.
First stop, Idaho Falls just so I can take this picture.
You can't even tell that the actual grounds around the temple were completely torn up with dirt and construction.
On to Rexburg. Dear Sweet Rexburg with it's beautiful campus and dumpy surroundings.
Oops I was wearing flip flops when I took this picture.
Dispute Craigos, which wasn't all it was promised and the old small town vibe they have some amazeball sunsets.
That really is the color of the sky. No photoshop done on those clouds.
The next day we headed up to West Yellowstone. Another beautiful drive heading into Montana.
On our way out of Yellowstone and back into Salt Lake the GPS took us on the Pioneer Scenic Byway which took us back into Idaho. Do not go on this Byway unless you have about 2-3 extra hours of time and are okay driving on gravel roads. However again it was beautiful and it took us through Preston and Hope, Idaho. So we got a little family nostalgia in Hope and Napoleon Dynamite love in Preston.
Needless to say I was very happy we had an SUV for that gravel road and mountain climbs. Even though we drive way more then was actually needed it was beautiful the whole time.








No comments:
Post a Comment