I was reading this article that said to have a good cry. I completely agree with this but not too long ago you would have had to hit me with a car to get me to cry. Not kidding! It had been years and I remember when I finally let the tears out. That damn "Walk To Remember" movie. Crying in that movie began the unraveling of years of built up emotions and just opened the flood gates. I still have a hard time letting people see me cry but at least I don't feel ashamed for crying in private now. Alas I have realized that I am a bit like my mother in that I can cry at the drop of a hat whether it is happy tears, laughing tears, sad tears or the best unidentified tears.
So I thought it was funny when the article said that it gets harder to cry the older you get when in my case the older I get the easier it is. Anyhow I liked what this little article said. It said that crying actually slows your breathing and create a calming effect. Of course I am assuming they mean once the initial outpouring of uncontrollable tears comes out. You know that part where you sound like a little kid crying because they don't want to go to bed and you can't catch your breath.
Most importantly crying makes you question what is going on. So let the tears out and then think about what is going on and talk it out or write it out. Then also suggested to try and keep track of the tears. Maybe there is a trigger that you need to address or something else that may be going wrong inside.
The purpose of the article is to remind us all to cry. Your body cries for a reason and so don't stop it from letting out. So listen to Justin and cry me a riva...
1 comment:
"Of course I am assuming they mean once the initial outpouring of uncontrollable tears comes out. You know that part where you sound like a little kid crying because they don't want to go to bed and you can't catch your breath."
That was my first thought :) Well, not verbatim but still
Post a Comment