Well Kids I have watched all 22 James Bond movies in just 2 weeks. It was an epic endeavor and not for the weak at heart. In fact, I'm never doing that again. However I have wanted to do it for a long time and I am glad that I did. Now I can move on with my life.
Here is what Wiki has to say.
The James Bond film series is a series of motion pictures, based on the fictional character of MI6 agent James Bond (code designation "007") appearing in the novels of Ian Fleming. Earlier films were based on Fleming's novels and short stories, followed later by films with original storylines. The franchise remains one of the longest continually running film series in history, having been in ongoing production from 1962 to 2010 with a six-year hiatus between 1989 and 1995. In that time EON Productions has produced 22 films, at an average of about one every two years, usually produced at Pinewood Studios. The films have grossed just over US$ 12 billion (in inflation adjusted dollars) at the worldwide box office, making it easily the highest-grossing film series ever (well ahead of both Star Wars and Harry Potter, which only appear ahead of Bond if inflation is ignored).[1]
I am trying to rank the 6 Bonds but I am having a hard time, so I might go with a three way tie for 1st place. Here we go...
Sean Connery - 1st
The Original. He set the standard and the swagger. Also he was Bond during one of my favorite time period "The 60's" so that works in his favor.
Pierce Brosnan - 1st
Overall Winner. I think he had the right mix of the original swagger and was a little more realistic in how a secret agent would act. Of course Pierce has been a favorite even before he was Bond.
Daniel Craig - 1st
Real Secret Agent Man. Let's get real, a secret agent with a License to Kill is gonna be hard core and a little scary. Daniel wins hands down for being a real. The movies have been re-invented with him.
Tim Dalton - 4th
I liked Tim and enjoyed what he brought but I liked the other three better.
George Lazenby - 5th
He only had one movie and I didn't even feel like I was watching a James Bond movie except for the standard sayings, "Bond, James Bond", "Shaken not stirred", etc etc. I liked the movie but it didn't seem like it fit.
Roger Moore - 6th
It was torture!!! Of course the one I hated had the most movies. His take on the character made it seems like a joke not to mention his movies were predictable. Granted some of the problem was it was the 70's but come on! I really really didn't like Roger Moore as James Bond. Really really!!
That being said what I really like about James Bond is the music. No big surprise there. I've ranked my favorites.
Main Theme - 1st
Classic!
Live and Let Die - 2nd
Paul McCartney is the bomb if you didn't already know.
I also wanted to mention "Goldeneye" performed by Tina Turner and "The World Is Not Enough" performed by Garbage.
There is your Bond in a nutshell.







No comments:
Post a Comment