Friday, June 17, 2011

State #24 - Arizona


I know Liz and Autumn are very excited about this post.  I have to say it was such a blur that I am trying to recall it all.  Doesn't help that my memory sucks!

I will just make mention that Liz and I were doomed from the beginning with the travel to and from but that deserves it's own post.

My mental picture of Arizona was always desert and mountains.  I was rather disappointed when we landed late Friday and I didn't see any.  Liz assured me they were there.  Seeing as though Liz tends to lie uncontrollably I wasn't too sure.

I was very happy the next morning when we came out of Autumn's house to see this.


I just want to mention this picture below of the giant wood people on the side of the road.

Dear Arizona,

Late at night these can scare the S&%T out of people driving by.  Just thought you might know because they might cause some accidents.  If you get sued don't say I didn't warn ya!

Sincerely,

Scared Visitor


 Back to the drive between Phoenix and Autumn's Place.  So we have the giant fake people and alot of other fun facts that Autumn shared.  I will not disclose them because I want you to actually visit this place.

Now I do believe this is one of our favorite things.  Get a load of this sign.  How can you beat that?  I think I might have to actually hang this picture up.  It is just amazing.


Our only full day there (I said it was a blur) was spent at Cafe Rio (roll that R and hold it out) where all the LDS people were in Mesa and then we went over to the Temple.  That is quite possibly the busiest I have ever seen a temple.  Holy Cow!  Brides everywhere.  I could barely get any pictures because it was a fight between photographers, wedding parties, brides and random people laying around in the lawn.

I did get some pictures in.  I love when people wear Aviator sunglasses because I think they look cool and because they are the best mirrors.  Check it out.



Here's an actual picture of the Temple without Autumn's face in it.


Did I mention it was hot as crap?  And we were only there in May.  How do you people not melt in the summer?  I'm melting, I'm melting... 
However at least it isn't humid like VA or heaven forbid Florida.

We didn't really do much else because we were not even there 48 hours and we can entertain ourselves in a jail cell if we needed to.  That being said I had a great time because of who I was with.  Tear.

Quick Notes 
  • We laughed so much that we hurt Autumn's back.  Liz and I broke her. 
  • Farr was a trooper and watched the three young little chickas so we could go footloose and fancy free. 

I can dig Arizona and want to go back and spend time to see more of the joint just not in the summer.

2 comments:

The Harrison Crew said...

i am jealous. that trip sounds fun...
i am still laughing at the sign picture!

Chicky said...

Yeah!!!! I was totally looking for this post but Farr has taken over the computer and the iPad didnt show me new posts so everyday was excited...then disappointed.

Look at that attractive nose. I've never seen such a beautiful nostril.

The sign is just giving you options.

I totally agree about the big farmers. Freaky.

Also, I missed you guys the second you drove away. No lie.