Sunday, June 10, 2012

State #38 - Maine

Lobster and Lighthouse

All I really wanted to do in Maine was eat a Lobster and I did.  We stayed right outside of Portsmouth, New Hampshire which is right across the water from Kittery, Maine.  There are a number of lighthouses right in that area, as well as a Navy Shipyard, Historic Parks, food and of course water.

All water cruises/tours leave from New Hampshire which is great because you can cover two states in one.  You actually cross over into Maine on the water and water views are always better!  We used Portsmouth Harbor Cruises.  Just a view pictures from our wonderful boat ride.



Let's get down to the Lobster.  I searched all of the internet for top places to get Lobster and Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier.  It was a great little place.  They have limited parking so lot of people are parked on the street.  However they do have a few nice fellows helping people park and pull out (because it is onto the street).  In fact all the people at this place were super nice and helpful.  They do sell more then Lobster but it is by the water and there is loads of lobster around so it does have a fishy smell (to be expected).  You actually bring your own drinks, in fact if you don't your only option for drinks is a vending machine.  It was fun to see one table that had a six pack of coke, then next had a cooler and next had a bottle of wine on ice.


The Lobster was good but the Clam Chowder was the best I have ever had.  I have had it in a number of places around the country and this was the best!


I wouldn't mind going back to Kittery and staying in one of the cute little houses near the water, having some clam chowder and playing on the water.

No comments: