Wednesday, January 30, 2013

End of the Road

We left Rapid City, SD bright and early, pulled over to take Crazy Horse pictures and then drove straight to Salt Lake City.
 
We drove through parts of Wyoming that I have never seen.  Beautiful of course and I got to see my first oil drill or whatever you call those things.  I know they are bad for the environment but it was cool to see one.  As we crossed into Utah I got more windmills.  Love these things.
 




 
It was I nice bright day, so the drive through one of the Utah canyons (whatever one that takes you into Logan/Ogden area) was nice.  It was nice that I wasn't driving and there wasn't snow.
 
 
To continue the ridiculous time table we were on we met my brothers family at Lagoon, where they were spending their day.  I hadn't been there since I was 12 years old on my first trip to Utah.  It's nice but it is just a glorified State Fair.  My brother and Tiffani confirmed that.  We are just spoiled on Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens.
 

 
I can't believe we drove at least 8 hours that day and ended it on amusement park rides.  Can not believe we lasted.
 
I flew home super early the next morning.

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

Dang! I don't think I would have been up for rides after all that driving - more like up for sleeping.