Monday, January 14, 2013

State #41 - North Dakota


Surprise, Surprise, North Dakota was my favorite state that we visited.  Like most people I was trying to come up with some reason to go North Dakota.  I always just assumed that out of the Dakotas that South was the way to go.  I was wrong.


Look at that windshield!  RIP Bugs!!

 
Love eco-wind windmill thingies.  They are in the side mirror.
 
 
Why I liked North Dakota?  Well first of all the drive was beautiful.  It was peaceful, no traffic and the land is gorgeous.  It just makes you happy.
 
I did get a little concerned when we needed gas but we found a place with little effort.
 

Classic!  Don't worry there are normal gas stations in the towns.  This was just in the rural part of the state.  Which is most of the state but hey alot of our produce comes from North Dakota.
 
We rolled up into Bismarck when it became dark and it gets really dark!  The states capital is not a raging city.  It is more like a busy shopping area of the suburbs.  I was okay with that!
 
What blew me away was the people.  They were so nice.  The town is taken care of and is clean.  I can see why it is one of the healthiest place to live.  Clean air, less stress, safe and nice people.
 
Even the aliens are nice.
 

That was pretty funny.  It's just a bar & grill themed restaurant.
 
Our stop in North Dakota was so I can continue my obsession of take pictures of temples.  I got the best night pictures at this temple.  I was so excited.
 
 
If you need to get away and clear your mind then head up to North Dakota!  I'll even go with you.  
   

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

I'm so glad to hear this cause I have been wondering what's going to get me to North Dakota!

When I am ready to go (probably 2014) I will let you know!