Friday, January 11, 2013

State #40 - Minnesota

It seems like ages ago that I did this cross country trip.  I am trying to conjure up memories of what happened.  The pictures helped by it is all a little fuzzy.


I was so happy to see the signs for St Paul/Minneapolis the evening we drove in.  It had been a long day of driving and alot of toll money!!


First stop in Pennsylvania on our first evening of driving.  Love a good scenic view!


This is what I saw of Chicago.  I have flown in and out of the airport and have had to stay overnight but never saw the city.  Can't wait to go back and visit!

After many hours of driving we got to Bloomington, Minnesota which is right outside of the city.  It is the location of the Mall of America.  We spent the morning/afternoon there before we got back on the road for our next destination.

We had a good time at the mall but we didn't last long.  Those rides are rough.  Although the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ride was great.


My, what big Lego's you have!


I attempted to get a shot of the amusement park inside. It was too bright.

I don't understand what the big appeal of the mall is.  I really don't understand why people from across the world come to this tourist attraction.  It's just a glorified mall to me.  Now if I lived in the area I would pick this mall.  It has everything and you could spend the whole day there.  If I had teenagers I would totally drop them here and go do other fun things.

Outside of the TMNT ride my favorite was the Peeps Store.  We love the Peeps in our family.  We were standing on the upper level scoping out the food and rides.  I looked to my left and the sign caught my eye.  It was like we were on a boat and I spotted land.  With outstretched hand "Dude, Look, Peeps".

That was our last stop because I knew I would be buying something.


Chillin with My Peep!  On the road again.  Next stop, North Dakota.
 

No comments: