Wednesday, June 26, 2013

State # 44 - Missouri


In my first trip all by myself I went for 3 states.  Why not?  I had a Memorial Day Weekend to burn and I wanted to get away.

I opted for my planned visit to Kansas City.  Kansas City was built just for my crazy goals.  A big city that straddles two states and not far from another big city in another state.

I flew into Kansas City Airport, got my car, got some dinner and went to the hotel.  As noted in my earlier posts I got in earlier then expected.  That made my, worked all day and then traveled halfway across the country self, happy.

Saturday I made a quick stop in snap some pics of the Kansas City Temple and then off to Liberty Jail.

Visit the restored Liberty Jail, where the Prophet Joseph Smith spent approximately five months awaiting trial.

The visitor center is actually built around the jail to protect it.  It was a cool place to visit and didn't take much time.



Not far from Liberty Jail is the Independence Visitors' Center.  There are some other cool buildings near the Visitor's Center that are from other religions but I didn't take pictures.  I guess you will have to check it out for yourself.  On my way to the Visitor Center I saw the Presidential Library for Harry Truman.  I didn't get to go but I welcome the opportunity to visit another time.  Actually I did have time to go on Saturday and on Sunday but I was enjoying taking it easy and relaxing in my hotel when possible.

Now that I was done looping around Kansas City it was time to head into the City which was graciously located in Kansas.

No comments: