Friday, June 28, 2013

State #46 - Nebraska


I'm just gonna say it.  I think I am allergic to Nebraska. 


I headed over to Historic Winter Quarters to visit the Mormon Trail Center and the Omaha Temple.  I started outside with taking pictures of the Temple. Then I opted to visit the cemetery as the 2 charter buses, of what I am pretty sure was a Youth Conference Group, showed up.  I opted to let them go inside while I got an uninterrupted visit outside.




I was outside about 30 minutes or so and I couldn't take it.  I thought I was going to die.  I was having a hard time breathing.  There could have been a tree or plant that I am allergic to but I am just allergic to Nebraska.  I'm sticking with that!

I found refuge in my air conditioned car.  I headed over to the city to check out the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge.  I think 2013 should be named the Year of the Bridges.  The universe must be trying to cure me of my fears.  As cool as this one is, it did sway slightly.




Luckily, I got off before it became a problem for me.  The gist I got about the City of Omaha is that it is an older city trying to revitalize itself.  It's looking to bring in young families and young professionals.  It has a ways to go but there are some fun things to do here.  Lots of outdoor spaces, sports and it is home of Omaha Steaks. 


In case you were wondering, I did not have trouble breathing while in the City.  Makes no sense, but what does?

No comments: