On my most recent trip there were a number of fun things that happened as I was flying from Richmond, VA to Kansas City, MO.
I was traveling with Delta Airlines and my connection was through Atlanta, GA. It was really my connecting flight that made my travel day! I got off the plane in Atlanta and my next gate was right across from it. Score! I had a 2 hour layover so I just sat down to read etc.
After about 30 minutes, I noticed a large crowd of people circling around my gate. Looks like they changed a gate on those poor people. I double checked my Delta App to see if my flight gate had been changed. That was when I found out my flight was delayed about an hour. No big deal. However the handy little App gave me the option to rebook my flight. For kicks I let it look up my options. There was one other option for that night and it was already boarding. I sat there a minute and then got the urge to get up and check the monitor. I wasn't sure where the gate for that flight was so I wanted to check and see if I could even get there in time. Lucky enough it was only 10 or so gates down the terminal. I took a brisk walk down to the gate. They were almost completely done boarding but I thought I might as well ask to see if I could get on the flight. The nice fellow told me that there weren't any seats available at the moment but to stay close because a seat might open up. 5 minutes later he waved me over and gave me a ticket!! I couldn't believe it!! I got on a flight earlier then my originally scheduled flight.
I was so excited! I was going to land early, get my car early, get to the hotel early and get to bed early. The surprising thing was that my seat was an aisle seat, not the middle! Even better, the middle seat was empty!!! I had room. I was so happy with Delta.
I was traveling with Delta Airlines and my connection was through Atlanta, GA. It was really my connecting flight that made my travel day! I got off the plane in Atlanta and my next gate was right across from it. Score! I had a 2 hour layover so I just sat down to read etc.
After about 30 minutes, I noticed a large crowd of people circling around my gate. Looks like they changed a gate on those poor people. I double checked my Delta App to see if my flight gate had been changed. That was when I found out my flight was delayed about an hour. No big deal. However the handy little App gave me the option to rebook my flight. For kicks I let it look up my options. There was one other option for that night and it was already boarding. I sat there a minute and then got the urge to get up and check the monitor. I wasn't sure where the gate for that flight was so I wanted to check and see if I could even get there in time. Lucky enough it was only 10 or so gates down the terminal. I took a brisk walk down to the gate. They were almost completely done boarding but I thought I might as well ask to see if I could get on the flight. The nice fellow told me that there weren't any seats available at the moment but to stay close because a seat might open up. 5 minutes later he waved me over and gave me a ticket!! I couldn't believe it!! I got on a flight earlier then my originally scheduled flight.
I was so excited! I was going to land early, get my car early, get to the hotel early and get to bed early. The surprising thing was that my seat was an aisle seat, not the middle! Even better, the middle seat was empty!!! I had room. I was so happy with Delta.

No comments:
Post a Comment