Did I mention that I am a little nuts? I guess you could say adventurous but I am going with nuts.
Tiff, Brit and I left Richmond at 5am, drove all the way to Bloomington, Indiana, watched the DCI Championships and than drove right back. Yeah look at a map...cause that's a little nutty.
Drum Corps International has been engraved into us since we were young and my older brother was into it. We had the chance to see the Championships and so we jumped. We weren't the only ones!
We are Blue Devils fans from birth (not in relation to Duke) however Phantom Regiment won and this is part of the reason. They did a show based on the movie 300. The absolute best part was this one. If you look at the feet of the drum major (the guy with his fist up). You see more red and black. That would be the other drum major that was actually directing the final song. You see out of nowhere the other drum major runs to the directing drum major...watch the video (you can jump to minute 12 if you want). It was AWESOME!
So needless to say we like Indiana
I'm just never driving that again!




No comments:
Post a Comment