There is no possible way for me to think of this state and not start singing the song. Am I the only person with this problem?
Anyways...my experience in Oklahoma was like no other!
I was in Texas for a weekend trip before my brother moved from Dallas to Wisconsin. We were actually talking about where we have traveled. They travel ALOT. We were also discussing what we constitute as an actual visit. His is a little different from mine but than again his oldest who is about the age of my car has been to more places then I have. Getting off subject...we started talking about their trip up to Oklahoma (Ward family...lots of fun...yadda yadda). I am thinking the craziness runs in the family 'cause next thing I know we are in the car headed for Oklahoma to go to one of those drive thru safari things where you feed the animals.
Funny side story: We were in a restaurant during the conversation about trips and traveling. Becky (sister in law) was trying to convince Paul (the brother) that we should stay the night in Oklahoma. However it was Saturday and that would mean we would miss church. Becky was coming from the "she is only here 72 hours" and my brother played the responsible angle "i've got ward clerk stuff that is due". It was typical funny bantor between the two of them. The funny part is that there was a couple from their ward at the restaurant and "overheard"/"eavesdropped" on the conversation. When they went to leave, they stopped at our table to say hello. The last thing the wife said was "you made the right decision on choosing to go to church" and then walked away. We all started laughing but then Becky was ready to cut a beotch for that comment. Mostly because Paul and Becky are like the super Mormon Ward Couple, they are involved, at church, have important callings, super social etc etc. I have to say I didn't care but if I was Becky I would have been pissed too.
Alright back to Oklahoma...it was about an hour drive from Dallas. We did the animal thing, saw a cool natural water park that was closed (lame for being closed) and came back to Texas. The best part is we went just so I could mark it off my list. Family Rocks!
Oklahoma...done and done.

1 comment:
I started singing the song the moment I read the post title :) So no, you are not the only person.
Post a Comment