I seem to think that I am a pretty intelligent person but while in the city of Detroit I was not so much.
We were headed towards the Riverwalk in the city and we saw signs saying "Road to Canada". That just didn't make any sense to me because there was no way they actually meant Canada.
So we parked and started to walk up the block and saw this. Still with the sign saying "Welcome to the United States of America", they still couldn't mean Canada. This isn't the border of Canada. We are very south in Michigan.
I am still having a hard time with this concept. We go about our visit and we take pictures across the river. We even talked about going across and visiting the casino. We didn't really have time so we didn't.
This whole concept was beyond my mental comprehension. After we got back to Richmond, I pulled up my friend Google Maps to try and figure it out. I found out that indeed that was the border of Canada. The signs, Border Control and license plates weren't lying. I took it one step closer and zoomed in to where we were taking pictures on that day. I am here to say that not only was that the border but I was looking at Canada. All those pictures "across the river" were really across the border. Holy Crap I was gazing at freakin Canada and had no idea. I felt/feel like such an idiot because I could have been soaking up that moment if I had known. I have never actually left the country so this would have been really cool for me.
The map below shows about where we were hanging out.
View Larger Map
1 comment:
i love you. you are not blond. unless you want to be naturally awesome, that is. ;)
Post a Comment