Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Coupons Coupons Coupons

Don't worry Chelsea I too am trying to venture into the world of saving money and coupons. I have found this woman very helpful but yet I find myself jealous. Just look at her most recent shopping trip.

I have to remind myself that this is not a insta-fix. I was trying to do it all at once. The cooking great new meals, grocery shopping, coupons and a garden. Brain overload = nothing was being accomplished. Baby steps I say.

First Step - learn how to eat out of my house. This step is harder then you think since we almost never ate things cooked at our house growing up. I have done pretty well the past month or two. This also requires actually going to the grocery store which for me is another battle in itself. Then eating everything that I buy instead of it going to waste. Most people don't even need this step.

Second Step - I take a look at any new coupons whether online or in those free mailers. The car coupons are fantastic. I have been using those for a couple of years now and have saved hundreds. It cost me about $70.00 to get all my brakes replaced because of my coupon. Anyways I have a few printed out of possible things purchases. They are in my wallet and so always there. I spent about $10.00 or so at Target Saturday (yes after I fell) and saved $1.50. Can I just say for the record that Neosporin is expensive for a little tube of goo. Almost $4.00 for that little thing but it made me feel better that I had a $1.00 off coupon.

I am sure that I will be in the second step for a while because I want to make sure it is part of my life without me thinking about it. I think the third step will be...hmmmm...probably some new recipes.

Here is your moment of zen.


3 comments:

J, K, L, and D said...

I. am. in. awe.

I need this woman's skills!

G Sauce said...

I thought maybe you were in awe of Ryan Seacrest's reading skillz! :)

Chelsea said...

Ya I hate that lady already...haha...but I seriously have found that some of these ladies exaggerate on their deals, cause I'll read their deals, go to the exact store, and the deals never seem to be quite as sweet as they say...or maybe it's just that so many other people hear about the deal and then it's all wiped out by the time I get to the store...oh well, like you said, Baby steps...