Monday, October 12, 2009

Time Out For Women


Time Out For Women was such a great experience. It was educational, uplifting, tearful and mostly funny! I almost didn't go but my mom really want us to go. I am so glad I did! I will certainly go again.


The coolest part for me was seeing women come together. My Aunt LuAnn came up from North Carolina to attend and spend the weekend with us. We haven't seen her in ages. When my parents moved to North Carolina in the 70's my Aunt was a teenager and she came to live there with them and she never left. While at TOFW my Aunt pulled over a girl from her stake that she thought my mom might know. They put things together and the girl realized that it was our brother Paul that her husband had been looking for. She was so excited. Turns out that they even rented the house that my parents used to live in.


Of course it was such a nice surprise when I saw KD on Friday/Saturday and then KT on Saturday. I didn't know that either of them were making the 3 hour drive from Western VA. It was a family woman bonding weekend for all. It was nice being able to mingle a little and then go back and spend time with our families.


I brought a notebook with every intention on taking notes but I didn't even pull it out of my bag. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it and then on Saturday knowing that KT was feverishly writing I knew I could probably just steal hers. Read KT's notes here. Thanks KT!


The point of this post is if you ever have the opportunity to attend, I would recommend it!

1 comment:

J, K, L, and D said...

Aw, I'm so predictable. :)

It was so good to see you! I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you...I could have had you sitting by me with your head on my shoulder all day.

I have to admit, I was kind of "meh" about this whole thing when mom suggested it, but I'm so glad I went. Surprisingly, I did not shed a single tear but felt very spiritually uplifted & even had a few questions answered. Mostly to the tune of "calm down," etc. ;)

Love you.